From Learning Japanese Wiki (RtKWiki)
The Android system has no built-in support for Japanese input methods. However, a number of apps with this function are available on the Market.
- Simeji - Great Japanese IME
- HanWriting IME 漢書
- MultiLing Keyboard
- FlickWnn: to write japanese, but not by drawing
- Google日本語入力 (looks like an IME, but I don't know how to use it)
- Kaede IME Dictionary + Kaede IME Helpfile + Kaede IME User-Dictionary Manager
- GO Keyboard + Japanese for GO Keyboard
- Swypeis a really neat keyboard replacement that lets you type words by swiping your fingers across letters. Japanese support is downloadable in the settings.
- 7notes with mazec IME handwriting pad
- MyScript Stylus (Beta) IME handwriting pad, Japanese downloadable in the settings
- Google Handwriting Input IME handwriting keyboard which supports Japanese
- Aedict (Google Code link) - Dictionary
- ColorDict good dictionary for several languages
- JED - EDICT-based Dictionary
- WWWJDIC has been very useful. (Google Code link)
- IMI Free
- Kanji Recognizer
- DroidWing - An EPWing reader for Android to load EPWing dictionaries.
- EBPocket Free - EPWing reader for Android to load EPWing dictionaries
- Rikaichan popup dictionary for Firefox Android
- Popup Japanese Dictionary
- Leo (ok, not for japanese, but chinese and english/german)
- Vertical Text Viewer - Aozora Bunko formatted text reader
- Aozora Provider - Makes downloading books from Aozora Bunko easier.
- Jade Reader - Open source text file reader with built-in offline Japanese-English dictionary
- Dokusho Text file reader with Japanese-English dictionary
- OCR Manga Reader - Manga reader with OCR support and support for both EDICT and EPWING dictionaries, made by koohii forum user cb4960. (Related Koohii forum thread)
- Typhon - Ebook reader based on Jade Reader with EDICT, EPWING & Japanese Wordnet dictionary support. (Related Koohii Forum Thread)
- AnkiDroid - Anki for Android phones - free - Ability to sync with your decks uploaded to AnkiWeb. Includes card editor, review timer. Whiteboard feature to scribble on your screen during reviews. Will support custom fonts from v0.7.
- Kanji LS Touch - Good for practicing stroke order.
- 常用漢字筆順辞典 FREE - Good for practicing stroke order. App all in Japanese.
- Kanji Ryokucha - Good for Kanji Koohii SRS reviewing
- Browser - to review your Anki decks using the AnkiWeb interface.
- TuneIn - Listen to live radio streams from all over the world (pick Japanese stations via "Location" not via "Language" | lots of music streams)
- Raziko - Listen to Japanese live streams (there are slightly different stations accessible according to your location setting | mainly spoken words)
- RadioJapan - Listen to Japanese live streams)
- BeyondPod - Great podcast manager I use to handle my Japanese podcasts
- WorkAudioBook - Audiobook player with features for language learners (automatically splits book into phrases, phrase repeat, place saving, subtitle support, dictionary look-up, etc.).
- Bonsai Blast
- ANDOROMONA - 2ch viewer
- kanji power: An evil game that quizzes the user on kanji that even most Japanese people would be lucky to know.
- 小学生手書き漢字ドリル1006 - Fun ninja-themed kanji writing game (elementary school kanji version)
- 中学生漢字(書き取り編) & 中学生漢字(読み方編) - Fun ninja-themed kanji reading/writing games (middle school kanji version)
- 手書き四字熟語1000 Yojijukugo writing game
- Kasui - Tetris-like kanji game
- Seppukuman - Hangman using Japanese words
- Drastic DS - Commercial DS emulator. Plays most DS games with no lag.
- nds4droid - Free DS emulator. Plays DS games, but has lag.
- PPSSPP - PSP emulator - Plays PlayStation Portable games.
- Higurashi no naku koro ni ep 1 / Ep 2
- Patronage of Deceit / Relation of Deceit
- Flower clock
- Loop the Loop 1 / Loop the Loop 1 part 2 / Loop the Loop 2
- Kamisama 1 / Rest of series
- かえると剣鬼 参
- Tone of the Flute
- Rainbow Pen
- Past Memory
- Clipstore - A Clipboard monitoring program that I run in the background. It keeps a list of stuff copied - so when I'm studying something in an Anki deck and I want to mark it for further study later or something, I just copy it and it creates a list for later.
- himekuri10: Japanese-style old timey calendar. I mostly use it to get the lunar Calendar date and to amuse myself with who was born on that day.
- Feedly - RSS reader which is easy to search and add Japanese RSS feeds from.
- Google変換マッシュ (potentially unstable)
- Kaki Memo Lite - Good to make a notice by drawing, but no recognition, every character is a picture in the document
- OpenVPN Connect -Useful with Japanese VPN (Instructions)
- More Locale 2 -To turn the interface language to Japanese (Android 4.2+ Instructions)
- Fontomizer SP Add Motoya Japanese fonts to Samsung Galaxy phones