From Learning Japanese Wiki (RtKWiki)
Japanese to English (and back)
- WWWJDIC Monash University's interface for all EDICT Project dictionary files.
- RomajiDesu Online Japanese ⇆ English dictionary. A major part of the database uses data from EDRD Group, Monash University.
- Denshi Jisho An easy-to-use and powerful online Japanese dictionary with data from the WWWJDIC project.
- Tangorin Free online English-Japanese bidirectional dictionary, based mainly on files provided by The EDRD Group.
- Nihongo Resources.com dictionaries JP/EN dictionary based on JMDict.
- Nihongo Master - Online Dictionary - Easy search, conjugated forms, example sentences with drill down.
Monolingual Japanese Dictionaries
- See the wiki's Grammar page.
- Rikaisama A modification of the rikaichan Japanese-English popup dictionary for Firefox that adds many unique features such as audio, EPWING support, frequency information, pitch accent, Anki integration, etc.
- GoldenDict Supports the dictionary file formats used by Babylon, StarDict and ABBYY Lingvo.
- KanjiTomo OCR Program optimized for kanji and with dictionary lookup, perfect for manga and other kinds of non-selectable Japanese text. Kanji lookup is done by pointing the mouse to any image on screen. Requires Java.