Forum member Nayr182 compiled a deck with the 5,000 most commonly used words in Japanese, with example sentences, based on A Frequency Dictionary of Japanese (Routledge Frequency Dictionaries). The audio for the sentences was recorded by his wife, who is Japanese, using Anki's record audio functionality . User aldebrn helped finding typos and mistakes in the deck that were later corrected.
Nayr's Core5000 can be found here: Nayr's Core5000 on Anki shared decks
Nayr's Core5000 comprises of the 5,000 most commonly used words in the Japanese language.
- This is completely original and in no way related to Core2k, 6k or 10k.
All senteces have been sourced from A Frequency Dictionary of Japanese (Routledge Frequency Dictionaries) (March 9, 2013), which is based on a 100 million word corpus composed of spoken, fiction, non-fiction and news texts in current use.
- All cards have native Japanese voice.
- All cards are numbered in order of word frequency.
- All cards have been checked by native Japanese for furigana errors.
Please feel free to make any suggestions on the forum thread, and please remember to make comments and rate the decks on anki shared decks.
Abbreviations used in the deck (v2.0)
|p. case||case particle|
|p. conj.||conjunctive particle|
|p. disc.||discourse particle|
- Nayr's Core5000 deck (Frequency Dictionary of Japanese) (2014 August 20) → release by Nayr182, the deck's creator.